Mayor Gives Shout-Out to ‘D-Town’ in Neighborhood Challenge
Not only is Donelson the winner of Mayor Karl Dean’s “Mayor’s Challenge” in the ‘going green’ category, D-Town also holds a special place in this writer’s heart. Having grown up on Bluefield Avenue, I can say the Nashville suburb has come a long way since the 1980’s. The Nashville Green is releasing an official prediction: Donelson is the next “it” neighborhood.
- It’s a stone’s throw to downtown.
- It’s filled with perfectly nostalgic brick homes from the 1930’s and 1940’s
- There’s a commuter rail line within walking distance to many neighborhoods.
- Numerous entrances to the beautiful Greenway Trail system.
- There’s a community garden!
Great job to the folks in Donelson on winning Mayor Dean’s Neighborhood Challenge!
By India Stone
Original story from Nashville.gov
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Mayor Karl Dean today congratulated three neighborhoods that came out on top in each of the three categories of the 2013 Mayor’s Neighborhood Challenge: Hip Donelson earned the most points in the Green challenge; Elm Hill Acres Neighborhood Association won in the Healthy challenge; and Fairlane […]